Monday, January 14, 2013

Hosted a Primary Lead Teacher group meeting today at my school. It is such a wonderful learning experience to get to work with this great team of teachers. We got to share some of the great things that each of us is doing. We also went into my classroom today. Staff developer did a mini lesson on raising the level of the jots kids are making. She had them state their opinion, give a reason for it, and give an example from the text to support their ideas. The "giving the reason" part seemed to be the biggest challenge for my kids. I am going to reteach it tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!
Anyway, I put together two ways that I think will help my kids write longer off of an idea that they recorded on a sticky note during their reading. (Part of the Opinion Writing Unit of Study from the Reading and Writing Project curricular calendar).

PEACE,
Carol








This is the anchor chart that I created to model what a jot would look like at each level.


No comments:

Post a Comment